Description: Monolithic arch (w:
1.37 x h:
0.82), outlined with a cable moulding and a rosette in each of the spandrels.
Text: Inscribed on the flat surface above the head of the arch.
Letters: Capitals, including late forms: line 1-3, 0.07; line 4, 0.05.
Date: Fourth-seventh centuries CE (content)
Gasr Giasia; seen and recorded by De Lisle in 1949,
loose beside the well outside (east) in the Wadi Mimum Darragh, 10 km. East of Bir Dufan (map ref. R 8901).
Original location: Unknown
Last recorded location: Findspot (1949)
3: So read by De Lisle; perhaps conpleante (sic) for complentibus.
Translation by: J. M. Reynolds
Lauratianus [ and. . . ] established the foundations with his sons and grandsons [ . . . ] ?fortune (case unknown) [ . . . ] increases with God favouring (scil. ?us).