Text: Inscribed within a panel (die, w: 0.47 x h: 0.36) flanked by two eagles.
Letters: The lettering of this inscription is very much better than that of the inscriptions on other mausolea at Ghirza, and strongly suggests that this is the earliest tomb in the group nearest the habitations: this accords with its position in relation to the other mausolea. 0.05-0.06.
Date: First-fourth centuries CE (context)
Wadi Zemzem: Ghirza (map ref. W 7052), over the door of one of the mausolea in the group nearest the habitations.
The mausoleum is that illustrated by De Mathuisieulx, Nouvelles Archives, XII (1904) pi. IV, and by Bauer, Afr. Ital. VI (1935)
62, fig. 1.
Original location: Findspot
Last recorded location: Findspot
Translation source: Méhier de Mathuisieulx, 1904
M. Nasif et M. Mathlich, fils fidèles, ont élevé ce monument à leur mère Mnimir? très chérie
Translation by: J. M. Reynolds
Of M(archius) Nasif and M(archia) Mathlich, mother; the Marchii Nimira and Fydel, their sons, had this built for their dear parents.
Bibliography: Denham and Clapperton, 1826 II, 129, no.3; Méhier de Mathuisieulx, 1904 24, with corrections by M. Toutain, whence AE 1904.214, CIL VIII, suppl.4, 1916, 22662; IRT, 1952, 899, whence IRT, 2009, 899, whence EDH 033564
None available (2021).