0.77 x h:
0.32 x d:
of friable grey limestone; broken at the left end.
Text: Inscribed in a square central panel (die, w: 0.26 x h: 0.28), which is flanked in crude counter-relief, on the right by a lion, on the left by an eagle. line 8 is cut below the die.
Letters: Local fourth to fifth century CE capitals: line 1-7, 0.03; line8, 0.02.
Date: Fourth to fifth centuries CE (lettering)
Found fallen from the doorway of the gasr adjoining the church buildings excavated by Caputo at
Al Khadra, near Sidi Ali ben Zaid,
South of the Tarhuna-Cussabat road near the East bank of the Wadi el-Fergian (map ref. M 095176).
Original location: Unknown
Last recorded location: Lepcis Museum.
Translation by: J. M. Reynolds
(Lines 1-5) The tower-house is the property of Marcus Caecilius Bumapal [---]
Translation source: Elmayer, 1983
A centenarium which Thiana Marcius Cecilius has made with a marble plaque and a small altar was built. He lived in grace
Translation source: Elmayer, 1997
A centenarium which Thiana Marcius Cecilius has made with the manufacture of a marble plaque and a small altar was built. He lived in grace
Translation source: Kerr, 2010
(Lines 1-4) Centenarium which Thiana Marcius Caecili(us) . . . made? . . .
Bibliography: Goodchild, 1949, 33, whence AE, 1950.209; described Guey, 1950 9, whence AE 1951, page 25; IRT, 1952, 877 (without transcription), IRT, 2009, 877, whence EDH 022063; described Goodchild, 1951 b.7, whence mentioned AE 1954.181; Published Elmayer, 1983 87-88, whence AE 1983.948, Elmayer, 1997, 27, this edition Kerr, 2010, 189-190 (where see bibliography); for BSR images see BSR Digital Collections.