Block of soft brown limestone (w:
0.80 x h:
0.18 x d:
0.50), part of a window frame, carved on one of the narrow faces with a rinceau.
Text: Inscribed on one of the adjacent broad faces; the inscribed face is roughly dressed, more carefully smoothed on the part inscribed, and cannot have been visible when the block was in position.
Letters: Roughly incised lettering, which includes local fourth to fifth century CE forms: 0.03-0.04.
Date: Fourth to fifth centuries CE (lettering)
From the church buildings excavated by Caputo at
Al Khadra, near Sidi Ali ben Zaid, South of the Tarhuna-Cussabat road near the East bank of the Wadi el-Fergian(map ref. M 095176).
Original location: Unknown
Last recorded location: Lepcis Museum.
Translation source: Elmayer, 1997
Anththa offered (this) stele for Bibaz Masierkar (who lived) 4 years
Translation source: Kerr, 2010
. . . ] Bibas Masierkar, 4 y(ears?)
Bibliography: Caputo, 1942, 152; IRT, 1952, 877a, whence Elmayer, 1997, 28, IRT, 2009, 877a, wihout transcription, whence EDH 059723; described Goodchild, 1951 b.8, whence AE 1954.181 (mention), this edition Kerr, 2010, 191 (where see bibliography).; for BSR images see BSR Digital Collections.